Most of the Medicare details show up around page 1175, Title IV, Subtitles A-D with various Medicare extenders and provisions.
E.g. 4121 provides coverage for marriage and family therapist services, 4136 relates to disposable negative pressure wound care devices. Section 4114 delays PAMA lab test pricing by a year. Section 4127 requires OIG to report on "Safe harbor for contingency management," e.g. where drug treatment patients receive a reward like a Starbucks card for showing up for drug counseling and whether that is a program kickback. See also a March 2022 OIG Advisory Opinion #22-04 on this.
Genomeweb has an open access article highlighting top line budgets ($6.6B FDA [half user fees], $47B NIH, $9B CDC.
But to understand more, you'll also want to see the 800-page Congressional Record document issued on December 20 (pp 58553-59323), the "Explanatory Statement" of additional instructions from Congress. Here you'll find actions that various stakeholders are noting in press releases, but which may not always be explicit in HR 2617.
Below the break, I'm clipping a number of paragraphs related to AHQR and CMS.
AHRQ, budget $373M. Items mentioned here:
- Antimicrobial resistance.
- Primary care research.
- Diagnostic error research ($20M).
- Grief care.
- Heart disease research.
- Maternal health.
- Long COVID ($10M).
- Organ availability.
- Sepsis ($750K; pediatrics, maternal, nursing home, rehab, pandemic, total public costs).
- Bundled payment for AD diagnostics (PET, Amyvid, radiopharmaceuticals.)
- Not mentioned, proteomics for hospital-based CSF tests also bundled under CLFS rules.
- Cardiac CT access.
- CT colonography (encouraged to consider).
- Diabetes technology (CMS & FDA uncoordinated).
- E&M policies.
- Rural hospital closures.
- Sepsis - CMS and CDC to develop new (or use existing) measures, cf. measures adopted in NY State.
- New public reports re sepsis care data.
- TCET - Transitional Coverage for Emerging Technologies. Report in FY2024 to Congress.
- WGS - Whole genome sequence, guidance for state officials, Medicaid. Includes WGS, WES, gene panels.