Now on December 12, ACLA specifically addressed ProPublica concerns and labeled it "misleading information" that "fails to provide an up-to-date picture." Find the new ACLA press release here.
The December ACLA comment makes 6 points:
- NIPS is a screening test (it is not a diagnostic test, it is used to trigger other tests).
- NIPS is a significant advance over the prior status quo.
- Use of testing is voluntary.
- Only health care providers can order NIPS.
- Laboratories that offer NIPS have high standards.
- ACLA is actively engaged in regulatory reform discussions on Capitol Hill.