On October 13, 2023, AMA released the PLA code applications for the October (4th Quarter) comment cycle. If you want to review and comment, you must do so very quickly, the comment period is only open for a few days. Requesters must state a "material interest" in the code (e.g. working in the same field).
The codes shown below will be edited by the PLA subcommittee over the next month and then voted on by a teleconference of the CPT panel as a whole.
Find the agenda of 33 codes here:
I list very brief summaries here, for details, see the full PDF. The final codes will be announced January 1, these codes will be effective April 1 and priced by CMS in Summer 2024.
- Coronary risk MAAA
- BluePrint breast cancer classification (luminal, etc)
- IntelliSep infection classifier (viral, fungal)
- HPV test, DELETE
- Precision CHD, coronary risk
- KidneyIntelX.DKD, this is the FDA version (FDA suffix added)
- NFL Light Chain, "normal or abnormal"
- Aventa Fusion, large gene fusion panel
- GenetWorx UTI DELETE
- ElecSys Phospho Tau & Amyloid, positive or negative
- Venient MCED (female multi cancer test)
- aiSLE DX, Lupus flare
- OncoReveal lung & colon, 22 genes
- Venient Cx, 39 analytes, anemia
- UNITY Carrier Screen, 5 genes (eg CFTR)
- aiSLE Disease Activity, lupus
- Venient Cx Cardiovascular, multi analytes
- Venient Cx Pancreative, multi analytes
- Venient Thyroid, multi analytes
- Venient Parathyroid, multi analytes
- "", hepatic
- "", renal
- "", hydroelectolytic
- "", Prostate
- "", musculoskeletal
- "", Compr female
- "", Compr male
- "", breast
- "", colon
- "", liver
- "", ovarian
- "", prostate
- "", MCED (male)
This fall, Gapfill was completed on the Quest amyloid plasma test, 0346U, $96. Here, there are two new neuro tests (7 & 10) for 2024.
CPT Agenda February 2024 San Diego
|The National PLA Coding Center|