The Sepsis Alliance has released a new 11 page white paper on the crisis of antibiotic resistance, featuring surveys of health management professionals conducted by sage Growth Partners.
Find the report's website here, with a summary and with links-through to the PDF report.
(Separately, on December 6, Sepsis Alliance will have an registration-access webinar on the association's new initiatives and goals. Here.)
Here's an AI-supported highlights of the 11-page report.
- The "2023 Sepsis Alliance AMR Market Report" emphasizes the growing threat of antimicrobial resistance (AMR), identifying it as a pressing societal issue that could potentially lead to another pandemic.
- The report reveals that 90% of healthcare C-suite executives see AMR as a societal threat, 88% believe the problem is worsening, and 85% are concerned about another pandemic.
- Key findings include
- the lack of public awareness about AMR,
- the inappropriateness of antibiotic use exacerbated by COVID-19, and
- the urgent need for improved rapid diagnostics and antibiotic development.
- The report underscores the importance of education in combating AMR and highlights the potential of AI in revolutionizing antibiotic development and patient care. It also points to the PASTEUR Act as a significant legislative step towards curbing this public health crisis.