On August 3, 2020, CMS released its CY2021 PFS proposed rule. CMS takes comment for 60 days (until October 5), and will aim to produce the final rule by about November 1, to stay 60 days ahead of the rule's implementation on January 1, 2021.
See the "inspection copy" or typescript publication, here. It weighs in at 1355 pages.
- Regular publication in Fed Reg on August 17.
- See 85 Fed Reg 50074, 592pp, August 17, 2020, here.
- It's a remarkable 49 MB and not editable.
- I've made a cloud copy which is 25MB and is editable (comments, highlights).
- It's rule number CMS 1734 P. Comment here.
- See the PFS fact sheet, here.
- See a special press release about telehealth here.
- See Foley Lardner summary of rulemaking in telehealth here.
- > Foley Lardner promises a forthcoming update re CMS's proposals to permanently extended telehealth (see also CMS press release just cited).
- See MedCityNews article, "Congress holds keys to telehealth expansion," here.
- > See House Bill HR 7663, Thompson (D-CA) here, which expands telehealth both "during emergencies or for other purposes." [FN1]
- See MedCityNews on Trump's Monday Executive Order on telehealth expansion, here.
- The actual E.O. here.
- See a special fact sheet about changes to the Diabetes Prevention Program rules here.