- September 13, 2017: Health Affairs, "Value of Innovations in Medicine"
- This half-day innovation conference was held in Washington and focuses on new horizons in pharmacoeconomics of innovation.
- The Health Affairs conference home page is here. Several links include full audio, bios, and full speaker slides as a consolidated PDF. Speakers included innovation economists Lou Garrison PhD and Peter Neumann PhD, and Sam Nussbaum MD, previously a senior medical director in the BCBS system.
- Garrison discusses the ongoing ISPOR Value Framework Initiative, here.
- October 3, 2017: Medical Device Innovation Consortium "Annual Public Forum," also in Washington.
- Speakers include FDA's Scott Gottlieb MD. For links see here.
- On October 25-26, 2017, Jackson Laboratory in Connecticut hosts the "Forum on Healthcare Innovation," focusing on genomic medicine.
Not specifically on "innovation," but perhaps on how payers and the health system cope with innovation, a conference on Laboratory Benefit Management and related topics in Nashville September 25-26, 2017, here.
An invitation-only event on healthcare system leadership during "disruption, complexity and uncertainty" will be hosted by Modern Healthcare in Phoenix on October 19-20, 2017, here.