RockHealth: $3.5B in Six Months
- The report is summarized by RockHealth here.
- They sell the full 24 page report sells $99.
- See a news summary on Healthcare Dive, here.
StartUp Health: $6.5B in Six Months
The RockHealth report follows a report by StartUp Health just a few days earlier.
- See the StartUp Health Powerpoint online here.
- See the respective Healthcare Dive story, here.
- StartUp uses different definitions of DHealth and tallies $6.5B in investments in 1H2017. For example, they include Grail (about $1B for genomics).
- Startup Health found that most activity was located in the SF Bay Area, with a 4:1 ratio between SF:NY.
Philips 2017 Report
Separately, Philips runs an elaborate website, www.futurehealthindex.com, which provides a 100 page 2017 report on digital health.
For a contrasting note, see an interesting article this week on Reuters on Jawbone's attempt to compete with Fitbit, titled, "Death by Overfunding" - here.
Views on Validation and Valuation
See also an article at Forbes by Fahad Aziz on the valuation of digital health startups and how they require V&V - valuation AND validation. Here. And a CNBC article by Christina Farr picks up on Aziz and adds further comment, here.