As highlighted in a March 1, 2021 article in HealthCareDive by Nick Taylor, CMS has finally issued a major guidance on how and when private health plans must pay for COVID testing at commercial laboratories.
- See the HealthCareDive article here.
- MedCityNews here.
- 360Dx here.
- See the 11-page CMS document here, issued February 26.
- CMS also issued a press release here.
- ACLA praised the document here.
- But on Feb 22, ACLA had been very annoyed at the confusion in recent policy (here).
- See Biden's January 21 executive order about a COVID pandemic testing board here.