Last summer, there was news that United Healthcare was ramping up controls or penalties on doctors who ordered out-of-network test.
This year, the news is that UHC will launch a massive registry where nearly all tests from all in network labs would have to be individually registered. (Yes, for those familiar with MolDx, it reminds one of Z-codes).
I've provided some links here.
- Home page at UHC here.
- Additional home page at UHC here, includes updates on delays.
- UHC's preferred lab network page here.
- UHC page on out of network benefits (or lack of ) here.
- Explanation re: UHC from: Labcorp here.
- UHC two-pager on out of network copays and costs here.
- June 2020 article at consultancy Vachette Pathology here.
- August 17 announcement at Xifin about registry delay here.
- Two deep dive articles at Dark Report, August 2020.