On November 11, 2021, three MolDx MACs released final LCDs for Minimal Residual Disease testing in cancer, coverage that will be effective on December 25, 2021. The decision had been awaited since the release of a draft policy back in September 2020.
Here are the links. I also provide all the files in one Cloud Zip File - here.
I've also made a three minute video that explains the LCD - here.
- Final LCD here.
- Final billing article here.
- Final Q&A on public comments here.
- (Original draft LCD online here).
- See a rapid press release from Natera - here.
- See Adaptive Technologies press release here.
- See coverage at Genomeweb/Precision Oncology, here.
|click to enlarge|
Tech Assessment Forms
NORIDIAN IN FACT POSTED THE LCD ONE WEEK LATER (Nov 18 not Nov 11)
ORIGINAL TEXT:Noridian LagsThree of four MolDx MACs released the LCD concurrently and effective on 12/25 (L38779 Palmetto, L38835 WPS, L38822 CGS). The Noridian MAC did not release an LCD today, as far as I saw, but this lag for Noridian is not uncommon in the MolDx MAC system. To see all CMS LCDs in the "notice of final" period, go to this link and for the dropdown box "all statuses" select "in notice."