More than a few companies in the genomics space describe themselves as "data companies," from Sema4 to Syapse to Tempus - but that's the only way to describe Sophia Genetics. After raising $100M just last fall, it has newly filed for a $100M IPO. In 2020, Sophia Genetics had $28M revenue and $39M net loss.
- See F-1 document here (340pp)
- Foreign-based company equivalent of S-1
- See article at Endpoints about IPO here
- Inks deal with GE Healthcare; 360Dx, here
- See article at Endpoints about $100M raised last fall here
- See a panel presentation this spring including co-founder Lars Steinmetz, YouTube, here
- See company home page here
The company had $28M in gross revenue in CY2020, with a gross profit (over COGS) of $18M. That is, COGS was only $10M.
|click to enlarge|