There are 15 presentations from the usual suspects - labs which have new codes under review, as well as ACLA, CAP, AMA, AMP, and so on.
Note that CMS promises a live stream of the proceedings. Expect to find the day archived at the CMS Youtube channel, as well.
After a lunch break, CMS hosts a meeting of the PAMA Clin Lab Advisory Panel, from 1 to 4 pm, but no specific agenda is given. Panelists will, at a minimum, discuss their take on the new codes that are up for payment proposals.
The actual list of new CPT codes to be discussed was posted a month ago and is online at CMS, here.
Annual Laboratory Public Meeting and
Medicare Advisory Panel on Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory Tests
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Central Office Auditorium (Baltimore, Maryland)
Monday, July 18, 2016
8:30 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Outside Call-In Number: 1-877-267-1577; WebEx Meeting Number: 991 340 808; password: n/a. Call-in begins at 8:45 am ET on July 18, 2016.
Live Stream Available at http://www.cms.gov/live/. Live stream begins at 8:45 am ET.
8:30 a.m. Arrival and Check-In
9:00 a.m. Welcome and Introductions
Meeting Facilitator, CMS
Steve Phurrough, M.D.
Panel Chair, CMS
9:15 a.m. Annual Laboratory Public Meeting on New and Reconsidered Laboratory Codes for CY 2017 Public Presentations:
Presenters for New and Reconsidered Codes (Proposed Order)
1. Charles Root, Ph.D. CodeMap, LLC; representing the Waters Corporation
2. Mitch Steiner, M.D. OPKO Health
3. Kristian Foy California Clinical Laboratory Association
4. Cheryl Maplesden Assurance Toxicology Services, LLC; representing National Independent Laboratory Association
5. Vince Stine American Association for Clinical Chemistry
6. Theo deVos Epigenomics Inc.
7. Paul Radensky, M.D., J.D. McDermottPlus Consulting
8. Paul Rudolf, M.D. Arnold & Porter, LLP; representing Aegis Sciences Corporation
9. Robert Jerris, Ph.D. American Society for Microbiology
10. Aaron Bossler, M.D., Ph.D. Association for Molecular Pathology
11. Ronald McLawhon, M.D., Ph.D. College of American Pathologists
12. Paul Sheives American Clinical Laboratory Association
13. Sri Kotte Natera, Inc.
14. Sylvia Trujillo American Medical Association
15. Lee Hilborne, M.D. American Society for Clinical Pathology
Note: Presentations and written comments should specifically address CY 2017 New and
12:00 p.m. Lunch Break
12:30 p.m. Arrival and Check-In (for participants attending only the afternoon session)
1:00 p.m. Welcome and Panel Introductions
Steve Phurrough, M.D
Panel Chair, CMS Medical Officer
1:15 p.m. Panel Deliberations
4:00 p.m. Adjourn