On July 1, 2022, AMA released new PLA codes. In this quarterly process, AMA released codes applied-for three months early (around April 1). The PLA codes will be effective October 1, and will be nationally priced by CMS next summer (summer 2023).
Find the PLA home page here updated PLA code list here:
One code was revised (0267U, Versiti test, from 23 to 42 genes), four codes deleted (including 0012U-14U, 56U, "MatePair" genomic structure codes from Mayo), and 23 new codes added.
New codes include
- 0332U, Oxford BioDynamics EpiSwitch, an 8-gene PCR test for immune checkpoint inhibitor response,
- 0334U, an FFPE tumor gene panel from Guardant,
- 0335U a fetal sample whole genome sequence analysis from Variantyx,
- 0337U-338U, "CellSearch" tests by Menarini (brand acquired from Janssen),
- 0340U, Pan-cancer MRD test from Natera (I think this is an ADLT test already priced by CMS in July 2021, on the ADLT website, but not previously showing any code),
- 0345U, GeneSight test from Assurex/Myriad,
- 0347U-49U, OneOme RightMed PGX 16 gene and larger tests (Mayo spinout),
- 0346U, QUEST "AD Detect" two-protein plasma LCMS test for Alzheimer's,
- 0351U, MeMed BV, a 3-gene rapid test for infection host response, FDA cleared,
- 0352U, Cepheid bacterial vaginosis test.
AMA will release for public comment applications from the new July PLA cycle applications around July 10.