On January 8, 2020, Genomeweb ran an article about an ongoing legal dispute between CareDx and Natera regarding donor-DNA renal transplant tests - here.
I don't have any comment on the case, but the news article at Genomeweb includes a quotation that, "Medicare specifically rejected the very arguments CareDx advanced in its complaint when it finalized its Local Coverage Decision (LCD) for Natera's Prospera donor-derived cell-free DNA test."
How do you find that?
- Go to Palmetto's "LCDs, NCDs, Coverage Articles" webpage - here.
- Click on "Future Effective LCDs." Here.
- Look for L38041, MolDx: Prospera. Here.
- Scroll to the bottom of the webpage of the online LCD text and see:
- A57821 - Response to Comments - Prospera. Here.
- The CareDx comment is #4.
I've also put a cloud copy of the LCD here
and a cloud copy of the article here
You can also go to CMS Coverage Database and enter the document numbers in the small top-right box "Document ID" - here