JAMA posts a UCSF new article on the clinical value of sequencing, including whole genome sequencing, and the need for implementation (translational) research. JAMA includes callbacks to two recent articles.
- The new entry point is Phillips, Douglas, Marshall in JAMA online October 26, "Expanding Use of Clinical Genome Sequencing and the Need for More Data on Implementation."
- JAMA provides Wu et al., JAMA Pediatrics, June 2020, as a callback.
- "Ending the Diagnostic Odyssey: Is WGS the Answer?"
- This article refers in part to the Diagnosic Odyssey Act, proposed as HR 4144.
- JAMA also links back to Feero, 2018, "Precision Medicine, Genome Sequencing, Population Health."