Codes will be discussed at the regular February 9-10 AMA CPT meeting in San Diego.
So far, AMA has finalized 34 PLA codes; see my short review from early January here.
Code applications could be deleted but won't increase. The proposals in the hopper are:
- Lyme ImmunoBlots, recombinant protein method
- Anti-Merkel Cell Panel, antibody bead assay method
- Tick Bord IgM/IgG tests
- Prion detection RT-PCR
- ExACT-1 Whole Exome Test
- Foundation One CDx (FDA PMA; 324 genes)
- ToxLok Code Revision (0020U)
- Sensieva Droplet 25-OH Vitamin D2/D3
- OmniSeq Comprehensive (184 genes)
- OmniSeq Immune Report Card (IRC; )
- Anti-dsDNA, high salt, avidity, for SLE
- Panorama Twins Zygosity (cfDNA)
- MRDx BCR-ABL Test
If all are finalized, it would bring the PLA system up to circa 50 codes.